Croppre Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) establishes the basic policy regarding the handling of personal information and other information (hereinafter referred to as “this Policy”) as follows.
Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal Information” refers to information about a living individual obtained through the Company’s products, services, applications, or website, which can be used to identify a specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information, or other descriptions, as well as data on appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints, and health insurance card numbers that can be used to identify a specific individual (personal identification information) as defined by the Personal Information Protection Act.
Article 2 (Compliance with Relevant Laws and Guidelines)
The Company shall handle personal information in a legal and appropriate manner in compliance with relevant laws and regulations, guidelines established by the Personal Information Protection Commission, this Policy, and internal regulations.
Article 3 (Information Collection)
When customers use the Company’s products, services, applications, or website or browse the website, the Company may collect the following personal information and other information (hereinafter referred to as “information”). The Company shall obtain these information through legal and appropriate means and shall not obtain information through falsehoods or other illegal means.
(1) Information voluntarily entered by users using various functions within the service (2) Information explicitly indicated by the external service when the user allows the linkage with social networking services and other external services (3) Information automatically acquired through the use of the service
- Device information: Information about device settings such as language and information about network connections. Device type, OS information
- Access history to information within the service
- Access history to advertisements within the service and behavior history from such advertisements
- Advertising identifiers (IDFA or Google Advertising ID, etc.)
- User agent
- IP address
- Cookie information
- Information related to usage: displayed screen, existence of clicks, number of views, usage time, and other information
Article 4 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which the Company collects and uses personal information are as follows:
- To provide and operate the Company’s services
- To analyze the usage status and other information of the Company’s products, etc., and to improve and enhance the functions of the Company’s products, etc.
- For marketing research, statistics, and analysis
- For delivering advertisements and confirming their effectiveness
- To respond to inquiries from customers (including identity verification)
- To send emails to customers regarding new features, updates, campaigns, and other information related to the service they are using
- For maintenance, important notices, and other necessary communications
- To allow customers to view or change their registration information, view their usage status, etc.
- To charge customers for using paid services
- Other purposes related to the above purposes
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- Except as permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act and other laws and regulations, guidelines established by the Personal Information Protection Commission, this Policy, and internal regulations, the Company shall not provide personal information to third parties without the prior consent of the user. However, this does not apply in the following cases: a. When it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body, or property and obtaining the consent of the individual is difficult. b. When it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the sound upbringing of children and obtaining the consent of the individual is difficult. c. When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, local public body, or person entrusted by such entity in performing the duties prescribed by law and obtaining the consent of the individual would interfere with the performance of such duties. d. When the following items have been notified or made public in advance and the Company has submitted a report to the Personal Information Protection Commission: i. The inclusion of provision to third parties in the purpose of use ii. The items of data provided to third parties iii. The means or methods of providing personal information to third parties iv. Procedures for suspending the provision of personal information to third parties at the request of the individual v. Procedures for accepting requests from individuals
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not be considered as providing personal information to third parties: a. When the Company entrusts the handling of personal information within the scope necessary for achieving the purpose of use b. When personal information is provided due to business succession or other reasons c. When personal information is used jointly with a specific person, and the individual is informed or made easily aware of the purpose of use, the items of personal information to be used jointly, the scope of persons who will use the personal information, the purpose of use of such persons, and the name or title of the person responsible for managing the personal information used jointly.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When an individual requests the Company to disclose personal information, the Company shall disclose the personal information to the individual without delay. However, if disclosure would fall under any of the following, the Company may refuse to disclose all or part of the information and shall promptly notify the individual of such refusal. In addition, a fee of JPY 1,000 per request will be charged for the disclosure of personal information. a. When there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the individual or a third party b. When there is a risk of significantly hindering the proper execution of the Company’s business c. When it would violate other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall not disclose information other than personal information such as browsing history and characteristic information.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If a user finds that their personal information held by the Company is incorrect information, the user may request the Company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correction, etc.”) the personal information to the Company in accordance with the procedures established by the Company.
- If the Company determines that it is necessary to respond to the user’s request under the preceding paragraph, the Company shall promptly carry out the correction, etc. of the personal information in question.
- If the Company has carried out the correction, etc. of the personal information under the preceding paragraph or has decided not to carry out the correction, etc., the Company shall promptly notify the user of such action.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If an individual requests the Company to suspend or delete the use of their personal information due to reasons such as the use of personal information beyond the scope of the purpose of use or the acquisition of personal information by fraudulent means, the Company shall conduct necessary investigations without delay.
- Based on the investigation results of the preceding paragraph, if the Company determines that it is necessary to respond to the request, the Company shall promptly suspend or delete the use of the personal information in question.
- If the Company has suspended or deleted the use of personal information under the preceding paragraph or has decided not to suspend or delete the use of personal information, the Company shall promptly notify the user of such action.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2, if it is difficult to suspend or delete the use of personal information due to the large cost of such action or other circumstances, and it is necessary to take alternative measures to protect the user’s rights and interests, the Company shall take such alternative measures.
Article 10 (Contact Information)
Please direct any inquiries regarding this Policy to the following contact: COEBI, Ebisu Garden Place Tower 27F, 4-20-3 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-6027, Japan Croppre Inc., Personal Information Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective Date: May 15, 2023
Revised Date: May 15, 2023